August 9, 2020
PPPA – WEEKLY EMAIL BLAST
In this week's blast:
THE STORE IS OPEN!
No masks or social distancing required! PPPA logo merchandise is now on sale online at http://pikespeakpickleball.com. A limited supply of t-shirts, pullovers, hats, and visors are available for purchase. Simply go to the website, click on the “Store” link and follow the prompts to search for available colors, sizes, and styles. Payment can be made through PayPal or with your own credit card. Your purchase will be mailed to you for an additional charge or you may choose to pick up your item(s). Pick up instructions will appear on your confirmation if you choose this option. Supplies are limited so log on and shop today!
Roslyn Block, Membership Director
Please Click the Balloon!
MVP NEW PADDLE UP SYSTEM
The PPPA Board is currently having signs made clarifying the New Paddle Up system guidelines which will be placed at the west entrance gates. As with any new system, some are struggling to accept the new system, but it is working. We ask that everyone assist in the efforts to ensure fair opportunities for all as the courts during open play, as well as evening play, have been incredibly busy of late. As we move forward in this effort please remember the following:
- The new system is designed to allow players to paddle up wherever they want.
- You can ask or hear the score on the courts and decide which court will probably open up first.
- It does not matter what level of players are on the court, anyone can paddle up on any court.
- Some players prefer to play on the courts that are completely in the sun and want to avoid the ones in the shade, while some prefer the shade. Players now have that choice.
- Players not having a foursome are now afforded the ability to play-in during open play hours.
- Players should observe the level of play on the courts and find players that match their own skill level.
- The possibility now exists for 1-3 players to put their paddle(s) at the court of their choice and when that game ends, they can play with some of the players that just completed their game.
- They no longer have to stand around trying to find available players.
- This works well to accommodate the many visitors we have who are in town vacationing or just passing through.
PPPA has 1300+ members and coupled with the increased volume of players from the community, all courts are seeing increased numbers of players. The Pickleball community should work together to ensure fair and equitable playing time for all. The growth and popularity of Pickleball is phenomenal. We should embrace it and do everything we can to assist in this growth by displaying the attitudes and values of the sport that has captivated all of us. As always, we ask for your patience as we adjust to the new normal.
PPPA Board of Directors
Do you shop online on Amazon.com? Switch to AmazonSmile and PPPA will receive a small percent of every transaction! It adds up!
(AmazonSmile is operated by Amazon as their way to give back to charitable organizations)
PPPA is now enrolled in the AmazonSmile program. AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same shopping features as on Amazon.com.
Go to smile.amazon.com and select Pikes Peak Pickleball Association from the list as your designated charity. Once you select PPPA, 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchase will be donated to PPPA. Spread the word to family and friends for them to designate PPPA as their charitable organization on AmazonSmile too!
In order for PPPA to receive funds from your purchases, you must always go through smile.amazon.com when preparing to shop online.
Did you know that you can earn $$$ for PPPA with every dollar you spend when you shop at King Soopers or City Market?
See this flyer for information and how you can sign up.